4.11.2008

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I have decided that I am going to make Friday recipe day. Here are some amazing muffins that I found on another site (Thanks Danielle!). I made them last night and they are awesome! You are welcome.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
(Cooking Light)

2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar (or Splenda)
1/2 cup packed, golden brown sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2-3 large, ripe bananas, mashed-enough for 1-1/4 cups banana
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter (I used reduced fat)
3 Tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chunks)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, put together, flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and the cinnamon; combine. In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, egg, oil, and vanilla; mix well. Add this to the dry mixture previously prepared; mix just enough to combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and fill tins until almost full. This will make 12 perfectly sized muffins. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Can't wait to try these -- I may even make them tonight! ;)Looking forward to more recipes each Friday.

Bonnie said...

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with muffins, but did you know Rob and Kaitlin (aka Mac and Sweet Dee) are engaged in real life?! Adorable!

Patti said...

I swear that I already left a comment about making these muffins this weekend, but its not here. I'm losing my mind. Anyway, I made them today and they are very good. Nicholas and Julian loved them. I think Nicholas ate 3. I got 16 regular size muffins and 9 mini muffins from the recipe. I wonder if it's an altitude thing?

Lauren said...

Well, I had some left over, so I probably could have made more..... :)