4.05.2008

First of many bumps in the road




So, today we started on the backyard. I will make what is sofar a very long day and very long story, kindof short. Kenny, Patrick, and Jeff began at 8am this morning. We had a 20 yard dumpster in the front of the house and Patrick's tractor was ready and willing. 1st dumpster, filled. Tried to call Waste Management to pick up/empty/bring back. Closed on the weekends. Grrreeeeat. Called anyone we could think of and finally got a hold of a guy who sounded less than pleased with what we were asking him to do. Filled dumpster gone. New dumpster delivered. Awesome-now we can get everything done. Wrong. 2nd dumpster filled. Now, ofcourse no one will answer their phones, so we are done with concrete until Monday. Slight glitch in the plan. Forms were supposed to go in on Monday for the new concrete. That is now pushed back to Tuesday. Old fence is currently sitting half torn down and blowing in the wind. Three people have been injured by the tractor. I have made two successful meals. The girls have been shaking out of fear all day. Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow. Have I mentioned how pleased I will be when this stupid project is done?
Yes, that second picture is the tractor heading directly toward the house...and me. I was terrified when they were doing that. I could just imagine them running straight through the sliding glass door. I closed the blinds-problem solved.

6 comments:

Patti said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad its you and not me. Are you taking up your fake grass? I love the fake grass!

Lauren said...

Fake grass is staying! Don't worry!

Patti said...

Yah! I don't know anyone else with fake grass. It's awesome.

Lauren said...

ha ha-I am not sure how awesome it is, but I love "taking care of it" ;)

Anonymous said...

Crazy project but I am sure you will love it once it is all done, and you don't have dumpsters of concrete in your front yard! I am confused, what is the deal with the fake grass?

Lauren said...

The "grass" in the front yard is fake. It was there when we moved in, I swear! I secretly love it ;)