4.28.2008

This sign offers very good advice

This past weekend Kris, Patrick, Kenny and I headed down to Durango. We just wanted to get away for the weekend. On the way there, you have to drive through Wolf Creek Pass. Not the worst pass in Colorado, by any means, but not the best either. There were these huge brick walls along the side of the road, up against the mountain. Their purpose is to catch all of the falling rocks. There were some insane boulders caught by those walls. We were just driving along talking about falling rocks and how none of us have ever been hit by one. I mean, really? Who ACTUALLY ever gets hit by a falling rock? In the middle of a sentence, BAM! What the H was that? A basketball sized rock smacked into the rear passenger side door! What are the freaking odds? 2 seconds faster and we would have missed it completely! The dent was not as bad as you would think, but it was still totally crazy that it even happened! It could have been a lot worse, so all in all, it's a good thing that it hit there of all places. Great, now we can add that to the list of "Stupid Things I am Afraid of". That damn list gets longer every year!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I want to see pictures from the weekend!

Mimi said...

See that's been on my list of "Stupid Things I am Afraid of" since I was little -- not that, until now, I have ever know anyone that's been hit by a falling rock. But now my stupid fear is all the more validated...

Glad you're all okay.

Lisa said...

Glad you are all ok . . . also happy to know that others in the world have the same list of crazy fears. Walt thinks I need to stop watching the news, it just helps add to the list!

Lauren said...

That is exactly why I do not watch the news-I don't want to hear bad news after a good day! No thank you!