4.21.2008

Are you, or aren't you?

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says they are going to do something, and they don't. The fake grass in our front yard is desperately in need of some sprucing up. Yes, FAKE grass. I don't want to talk about it...anyways, I found a guy who said he could fix it. He came out on Monday to check it out. I spoke with him last Wednesday and he said he would be out later that day to get it done, weather pending. Well, of course it snowed that afternoon, so I expected a no-show. Fine. Thursday or Friday, the latest. Well, the rest of the week came and went, and I received no call from the grass guy. So, being the person I am, I called him just to get a timeline on when he thought he might grace us with his presence. I was super nice on the message I left. No response. I was going to call him today and tell him if he didn't show up by Wednesday, not to bother-to shove it up his butt. He called me this morning and acted like I was supposed to know he would just show up whenever he feels like it. I asked, "Well, what day do you think, maybe, you will be able to do it? Just curious." He told me he didn't know, one day this week, probably. Is is just me or does anyone else think I will be lucky to ever see this stupid man?

UPDATE: He came over and did a HORRIBLE job. Instead of a slight hill, there is a ledge. Instead of sidewalk, then grass-it goes, sidewalk, SAND, then grass. He cut it back too far. What is wrong with people and their work ethic??? (I should talk.....I am sitting at my desk, at work, writing a blog)

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your situation is reminiscent of EVERY time I try to get something fixed in my apartment, usually a giant hole and/or leak in the ceiling. This last repair took over 3 WEEKS go get done.

I feel your pain, lady!

Patti said...

How I can relate! Whenever I think i possibly can I try to fix things myself because peoples work ethics suck nowadays. It makes me sick. Don't get me started....