4.04.2008

From drab to fab, hopefully


(Before Pictures-Duh)

So, we are going to start on our backyard this weekend. I cannot even explain what a chore this is going to be! Basically, we have to completely start from scratch. Yes, the house has been there since 1979, but someone, somewhere decided to give up on the backyard and everything went downhill from there. I know a lot of people do landscaping and upgrade their yards, but I really feel like we got the short end of the stick on this one. There are random rocks and plastic sheeting where it used to be completely rocked. There were sprinklers at one point, until someone decided to close off the area where the pipes came out from the crawl space. Completely sealed. The fence on the left is falling over (do NOT even get me started on that conversation with my neighbor). Oh, and our yard slopes the wrong way. Yes, we have to make our yard go in a different direction-piece of cake. Kenny and Patrick jackhammered every piece of cement on our property on Wednesday. We are saving about $4000 by doing this part ourselves. The new concrete comes next week. Kenny says they put 12 hours in on it. He lies. He said, that together, him and Patrick worked about 6 hours on it=12 hours total. Whatever. I am pretty sure that is not how that works. So, this weekend, Patrick is bringing his tractor to our house and all the concrete is going to be put in the 20 yard dumpster that is currently sitting in front of our house.
I, myself, really cannot do much, so I have taken on the role of Stepford wife. I will cook and clean up after the boys and make sure everyone has a beverage at all times.

If anyone wants to help, you know where we will be...

No comments: