5.06.2008

How is this even fair?

I have two tattoos. For my 16th birthday, my mom took me to get my first tattoo. I picked out a sun. Why? I have no idea. Do I love suns? No. Do I love summer? No. Was there any sort of significance to getting a sun tattooed on my lower back? No. Needless to say, I had it covered with a maple leaf and two aspen leaves a couple years back. Much better. My second tattoo was a spur of the moment sort of thing. I went with some people (I hesitate to say friends because, frankly, they weren’t) one night to the tattoo place so they could all get one. They were all looking through the books and were having problems deciding. I found a really cool Celtic knot and decided, what the hell. One hour later, I had some new ink. For some reason I was really nervous about telling Kenny. It’s not that he tells me what I can and cannot do, but I just know he is not a fan. Prior to this, there was a piercing incident. Anyways, I think it was about two days later, we were hanging out with Kris and Patrick (who knew about it already and were also afraid for me) and Kris was showing her tattoo to Patrick for some reason. I chimed in and said, “Oh yeah. Kenny, look at this.” I swear to you, he did not speak to me for THREE days. He was totally pissed. “They make you ugly.” Real nice.

Why am I telling you all of this?

Kenny: So, I want to get a tattoo.

Me: Right on. So, I can schedule the other one I want to get then?

Kenny: Oh, no. YOU can’t get anymore.

Riiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhht…..

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

Laaaaaaaaame! Get it anyway.

I'm contemplating one, myself!

Patti said...

I have another one that I got about 6 months ago. That makes three. What is your new one of?

Anonymous said...

Tell him it would make him ugly.

Lauren said...

What is your new tattoo of Auntie P??? I want to get a saying on my side, on my ribs.

Bonnie said...

Hey! You stole my idea!
:)

(Which I, in turn, stole from Shia LaBeouf, who, by the way, I plan on seeing this weekend!)

KatBouska said...

Hi I just wandered in via Scary Mommy...you gotta love hypocrisy at it's finest. That's too funny!!

Patti said...

It's on my back between my shoulder blades. It's a compass rose with a bronze star incorporated into it. It's a memorial for Roger and my Dad.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't there that night, right? It was with the crazy roommate & his icko friends???

Lauren said...

OMG! Patti!!! The boys are SERIOUSLY considering getting a compass rose tattoo for Roger too!!!!! Can you email me a picture of yours??? That is awesome!

Bonnie-I REALLY want it. My saying rocks too. You suck, btw, I heart Shia a lot!

Alanna-It WAS with crazy roomate and yucky friends...those biys sucked!

Kathy-Yeah, we'll see who "wins" this one ;)

Lisa said...

Get the tattoo . . . just curious why is the Compass Rose symbolic for Uncle Roger?

Lauren said...

Because he was a map guy :)

Lisa said...

I obviously didn't know what a compass rose was when I asked the question! I was thinking rose that you grow, duh! Anyway what a great symbol for a tattoo.

Lauren said...

Lisa-too funny. I'm glad you've got it all figured out now :)