5.01.2008

Butter Tarts

So, apparently, I am a very busy girl when it comes to Friday's. This is the second week in a row I have to post my "Friday Recipe" early!

This is one of my favorite desserts ever in the entire world. A lot of my family is Canadian, so I was brought up with sugar pies, maple candy, and butter tarts. As you can see, they are not the most beautiful dessert in the world, but they are so delicious! Many recipes online call for raisins, but I never use them. I also just buy the Jiffy pie crust. You can make it from scratch, but this is just what we have always done! Another thing is to make sure the butter is room temperature. If it is cold, it will not bake right. I have made this mistake more than once!
Pie crust (recipe of choice or boxed)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
2 TBS butter-ROOM TEMPERATURE
2-3 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Make pie crust as directed. Roll out and cut into 4 inch circles. Put into cupcake span. I can usually make 10-12 out of this recipe.
For filling:
Mix everything together except the eggs until smooth. Add egg and mix. Fill tarts 3/4 full. Bake for about 25 minutes. Super easy!

1 comment:

Patti said...

it's so funny that you put this recipe up because this was the first thing I thought of when you said you were going to have recipes every Friday. After one of my Colorado visits we had talked about these and so I came home and made them. They make me think of you!