6.30.2008

Time for improvement s'il vous plait

It’s getting really hard for me to be positive. All I hear about all day, every day is GLOBAL WARMING and THE ECONOMY IS IN THE SHITTER. I know that regardless of what happens, Kenny and I can make though, but it really puts a damper on my day. I am making myself sick even typing about it now. On top of that, the people that I currently sit next to at work talk so negatively the entire day. We are all going to get canned. This place sucks. I hate it here. I get it! If it’s so bad, leave! It’s enough for me to read articles on rising gas prices, food costs going through the roof and record number of homeless on the streets. I don’t need to hear your unnecessary complaining on top of it. It honestly is getting difficult for me to find the positive in what is going on. I know, it always gets better, but I am tired of waiting. I have noticed the ways that it is affecting me and my well being and I don’t appreciate it. I do thank God that we are both still employed (at this time) and that we are very fortunate in general. I am just waiting for something to go wrong.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

I love that you put instructions on how to leave comments on the sidebar. Nice!
Can I join your STFU club about the economy and environment. As usual its the people who complain the most, that do the least.

Lauren said...

Yep-you can be in my club-we can be depressed together ;)
I am just over all this negativity!

Mimi said...

Another benefit of working from home. No workplace stupidity...just your own :)

Steve said...

For 23 years I worked with some of the most negative gloom and doom people that you would ever want to meet. For the most part I tuned it out and just did my job each and every day. I was eventually phased out of the work force and some of the worst naysayers are still there and still preaching the same gloom and doom. I think they actually thrive on it. I have the satisfaction of knowing that I started with the company in one capacity and over the 23 years continually improved my stature and position in life and the work force. The biggest preachers of doom are still doing the same job that they had 23 years ago. Its all that they know how to do and it will never change for them. How sad.

Patti said...

You said it brother!! Here is my wisdom for the day....The law of emotion states that any thought held in the mind and charged with emotion is rapidly accepted by the subconscious mind, activating all the other mental laws, turning inner thought into outer reality. In other words negative thoughts give energy to negative actions. Besides the world is ending soon so all of our problems will be solved. (hehe!)

Anonymous said...

become a conservative...you will be much happier!

Lauren said...

Oh, for God's sake Daniel-leave me alone ;)