6.11.2008

Doooon't Stop Beeelievin'

Recap of Last Friday...I went up to Denver to have a fun night out on the town. Alanna just graduated with her Masters in Social Work! Gooooooooo Alanna! We were supposed to be to the bar at 9:30, but after we decided to get her sister, drive through downtown Denver on a Friday night after a Rockies game with everyone else trying to get to the bars, we did not show up until 10:30. We started off at Senger's, a nice bar on Colfax. While sitting at the outside bar, we started to take some pictures. The guy next to us kept glaring and making little comments about how the flash was disturbing him. It wasn't by the way. He was fine, I promise. His frustration turned into some sort of obsession, if you will, with a few of us. While holding his girlfriend's hand, he stared at us. Not normal staring, but creepy don’t walk down the alley alone or I make out with you and touch your boob staring. Anyways, while we were chatting this other guy comes over and sits right next to me. Very long story short, he mocked me, I yelled at him, he yelled back, I told him my name WAS actually Snooty McSnooterpants, he dropped his blackberry and was off to another bar all alone. All of a sudden we were leaving Senger's because someone said they wanted to go across the street to the Rock Bar. Let me paint a picture. It was on the bottom floor of a 3 story hotel, on Colfax. I am pretty sure the building was built in the 60's and has not been redecorated since. It smelled like a bowling alley and feet. We walked in and decided we needed drinks stat if we were going to embrace the stench. We all clearly looked like we did not belong. I ordered my beer and was given a CAN OF BEER. Who serves beer in a can? Then we made out way over to the disco ball dance floor and rocked out to some Journey. Don't Stop Believing is still ringing in my head. We danced next to a girl in sweats wearing a fannypack. I am pretty sure some guys "special purpose" touched my leg. And we cannot forget the regulars who looked less than thrilled that we took over their dance floor. At some point in the night we started to hang out with a guy named Chris and his friends. One of them being Nathan from Seattle Real World. I know-that was like 10 years ago. Whatever. Chris ended up being ditched and so he hung out with us the rest of the night. After some delicious Silvermine Subs (Am I right, Lacey?) we dropped Chris off at his friends house. He asked if we were going to hang out again and I told him no, probably not-said goodnight and saw him off. Overall-great night! Always fun hanging out with the girls!
All class people
Stupid finger covered the flash-still a cute picture though!
Rockin' to Journey
There are a lot more pictures from the night-on My Space and Facebook. I can also email them, so let me know! Well, I am off to San Diego until Sunday! Miss me!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Thanks so much for the thoughts! I appreciate it.

HAVE FUN IN SAN DIEGO - that's another thing I can't fly until afterwards, so I am CO bound for awhile. Enjoy the surf and sun!!

*jealous in Littleton :)