5.12.2009

My pants are so on fire

I would like to take this moment to apologize to everyone. I have been a bit fat liar pants for the past few months.

Here are the real reasons I did not go to/participate in the following:

Tony's with my mom and coworkers on February 6th: I said I was not drinking because Kenny and I were going to work out after I left. The real reason was because I found out I was preggers about 5 hours earlier.

Canceled getting a peel from Alison: Apparently putting acid on your skin is not good for a growing embryo.

St. Patrick's party at Kris and Patrick's: I said I woke up feeling horrible. Truth is, second hand smoke, and a lot of it, is also not good for a growing embryo.

St. Patrick's Day: I told all my friends they were lame for not getting back to me but really, I didn't "advertise" like I normally do, because I couldn't enjoy the day anyway! No green beer? Sacrilege!

I also lied to Amy about doing the Muddy Buddy this year. I avoided beer and alcohol on way too many occasions. I turned down a margarita-unheard of. Napa was a little less delicious because of the absence of wine in my stomach.

And sorry Linda, Pete and whoever else for lying straight to you face when you just came out and said/asked if I was. But, frankly, I do get asked all the time. It seems that the second someone is married, that is the only question people ask from there on out! Granted, it just happened to be true this time.

For those of you that feel I should have told you a long time ago, don’t be mad. Very few people knew-mostly just immediate family. It was hard keeping it from everyone, but we felt better waiting a while.

Due date: November 12th

13 comments:

Mimi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had a feeling...but wasn't going to ask ;)

How are you feeling?

Lauren said...

Did you really? Why??? You are officially the first person to find out via blog-congrats to you ;) I am doing well. I will be 14 weeks this Thurs. and had a Dr. appt this afternoon, and then came home to post the blog.

Mimi said...

Yay for me! :) I just had a hunch, but of course it was unfounded so I didn't bring it up....but...I wanted too!

Congrats again!! Let me know if you need anything.

Laura said...

Congrats, Lauren! I knew when you said you were hungry all the time! I was always hungry when I was pregnant. being a mom is so much fun, you will be great at it!

Manders24 said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats Lauren! So excited for you and Kenny. As soon as I saw your comment on Facebook, I knew what the secret was :)

Lauren said...

You are a smart cooke Amanda!

Audrey Brandon said...

Congrats! I'm sure you're so glad you won't have to answer the 'when are you going to have kids' question anymore!

Lauren said...

Well, apparently it never ends. Next will be, "When are you going to have a sibling for #1?"

Nicole said...

:)

Patti said...

I'm going to post a blog that says I'm pregnant. You get lots of comments. Seriously though, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Sounds like your already starting out a responsible Mom. Doing all the right things. I'm very happy for both of you. I look forward to the pregnancy blogs as only you can write.

Anonymous said...

Right on Lauren! Brings back memories of when Jessica and I found out we were going to have Taylor. I always liked kids but having your own is more fun than you can imagine; it is the best ever! Ty

Lisa said...

Wow! Very exciting news. We are very happy for you . . . lots of babies being born this year.

Trisha said...

Congratulations to both of you! I had no expectations, nor any idea. You'll be a mommy just after Monica has her 2nd. (~ October 6th or so.)

Auntie T