5.26.2009

Hot feet

This happened back in March, but I can still smell it like it was yesterday. Let me preface by saying that my nose has always been hyper-sensitive. I can already smell things that no one else can, so being preggers has made it that much worse. I was headed home for lunch, and Kenny had the day off. He was smoking ribs for dinner. As soon as I got out of my car, I could smell the smoker and it was delicious. I was excited to get inside to tell Kenny how fantastic everything smelled , when it hit me like a ton of bricks. The second I opened the door, the smell of hot vinegar hit my face. My eyes started to water and I gagged. I instantly got really upset and felt myself wanting to cry. Let me also say, that I am not a crier. Not in the least bit. Well, at least I wasn't. I walked, or stormed, in and said, "Oh my God. What the hell Kenny? You couldn't have called to tell me the house smelled like feet?" I was irate (on the outside) but knew I was being ridiculous (on the inside). I even went so far as to microwave my soup and eat outside, on the concrete, where is was 35 degrees.

I went around the house and shut all the doors, opened all the windows, and turned all the fans on. It was still 35 degrees outside. Yikes. Kenny and I were already laughing about it before I even headed back to work, but the fact that I got so upset is hilarious to me.

No comments: