5.14.2009

How I told Kenny

My Thursday that week was spent buying and taking pee stick tests. They all came back with ghost lines. So faint, I wasn't sure if I was seeing things. I called the Dr. and they couldn’t get me in until 2 weeks later.

Screw that.

I knew Planned Parenthood would take walk-ins for that sort of thing, so I went by there. The test came back negative. What a flippin' waste of money.

Still not convinced, I thought I would just wait it out. The only problem was that I was supposed to meet my mom and some other people for happy hour the next evening. Kindof needed to know if I could have a beer or not.

I went out to dinner with Linds that evening and ended up telling her about my day. She told me to go buy more tests and take them in the morning. Sounded like a hassle, so I just went home and went to bed.

Kenny had no clue about my day. I told him nothing.

Friday at lunch, I left work, and on my way home I couldn’t take it any more. I went and bought another test. After taking it and waiting 2 minutes, I was still not totally satisfied with the result. "YES" or "NO" works a lot better than a million shades of a pink or blue lines. I know that if you see a line, you are preggo. No matter how faint. Still didn't believe it. I called Lindsley and told her about my dilemma. She told me to come over and show her and that is exactly what I did.

Friday night, I was waiting outside in my car for my mom to get to the bar and I was texting Kenny. There was a lot of small talk and then I spilled it.

Me: Ugh. It is going to be so annoying going to the bar and not being able to drink!

Kenny: Why aren't you drinking?

Me: (sent picture of test taken with blue cross on it)

Kenny: Holy S! You are preggers?!?

Me: So it seems.

Yes internet. I told Kenny over a text and I wouldn't change it for anything. Linds was trying to help me think of a cute and clever way to tell him and after thinking about it, I wanted no part of it. Anyone that knows me is not surprised that I did it that way and Kenny thought it was hilarious. We actually told his siblings via text as well.

The moms got a grandma card on their doors at their homes. My mom was less than thrilled (by the way we told her) , but that's a whole other blog.

10 comments:

Patti said...

Very cute and so you! You should have called Sarah. She's an expert on the pee strip tests. I'm sure she's bought over a million. At least no rabbits died in the process.

bestmama said...

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I was reading this. I have done some pretty extensive research on it. I could tell you which one will tell you first, cause there are some that are way more sensitive! LOL, congrats on pregnancy! Cant wait to find out what it is!!!!!

Lauren said...

Patti-I totally have a blog about that!

Had I only known-I totally would have called ;) It was completely ridiculous. I hate those things.

Mimi said...

Wow! Quite the adventure before you told Kenny....perfect ending though ;)

Mine was not nearly as interesting - my pee stick was most definitely positive while Jason sat on the couch not sure which result he was ready for :)

Lauren said...

I just figured there was no reason to bring it up unless, you know... :)

Steve said...

Another McKee in the world way to go. Were Happy for you

Manders24 said...

With Jax I took like 6 tests and it kept saying no, but I knew better too. So, I decided to take a generic one and sure enough it was yes. When I told Sarah she told me that generic always work better. Haha

Lauren said...

That's too funny. Those things suck. We should invent an awesome one that tells you the CORRECT answer in 3 seconds flat....hmmmmmm

Sillyrabbit719 said...

Wow i am so surprised, and happy for you both. Congrats!!!

Scary Mommy said...

Ahhhhhh!!!! Sooo exciting!! I'm so happy for you! That's the best news!!