5.28.2009

Do I look like Buddha to you?

So, it happened. Someone touched my stomach. Here are a few reasons I do not appreciate it, not one bit.

1. I don’t even look pregnant yet. This person just knows that I am and so they felt my stomach, without any warning what-so-ever.

2. I really didn’t think this was going to happen for a couple more months, and if it becomes a habit now, I don’t know what I’ll do. I may have to wear a sign that says, “Yes I am knocked up and no you may not touch my stomach.”

3. This person, specifically, knows how far along I am so I am not quite sure what they were expecting to feel. Sorry to disappoint.

People touching pregnant stomachs has always annoyed me. It is the worst when you see a complete stranger walk up to someone and just start rubbing. Good Lord. I can tell you right now that I will not handle that well if and when it happens.

Friends and family, fine. I will grin and bear it.

6 comments:

Patti said...

I like rubbing shaved heads with just a little bit of stubble on them.

Nicole said...

No stranger ever rubbed any of my three pregnant bellies. Not one. And I will rub yours, bet on it.

Mimi said...

I, too, thankfully did not have any strangers touch me. :) And, anyone I knew graciously asked my permission to move in on the belly.

Anonymous said...

You'll want those who love and care about you to touch that cute little belly. I am with Nicole, I'll be rubbing that belly!

C

Steve said...

OK, lets back up here for a second people will rub your belly if your a Buddha.(BUD HA) That is a person who drinks Bud and laughs a lot. There usually drunk and apt to get belly rubbed quite often. Now if your a Buddah, little guy with a fat belly, and the symbol of Buddhism you are a person who has achieved the spiritual state of bodhi. The word buddha literally means "the awakened one" – someone who has no ignorance and can see the universe as it really is. See Lauren its ok to rub bellies.

Manders24 said...

It's true, my mom is a head rubber!
And I agree with the hands on the belly, family is ok.....I never encountered that, the worst is when a complete stranger comes up and touches your baby! Now that is uncomfortable!