5.18.2009

Killed the rabbit

So, when Kenny and I told Karena that I was preggers, she mentioned something about killing a rabbit. We had no idea what she was talking about, so we just kindof ignored the statement and moved on. Then, Mary Ann said the same thing. What the hell? She went on to tell us that back in the day they used to inject rabbits with urine and if the woman was pregnant, the rabbit would die. First of all, that is horribly mean. Second of all, I thought it sounded totally fake. I was pretty convinced Mary Ann, Karena, and Kimberly were the only people that knew about it. So, I went to one of my favorite sites, Snopes.com…..FALSE!!! The truth is still pretty awful, but I am glad I cracked the case!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Never heard that nor was told that when pregnant, very interesting information/factoid however. Thanks for being my "learned something new today" :)

How are you feeling?

Patti said...

I commented about the rabbit on your "liar" blog. It's the old people that know about that (minus Karena and Kim, there not old).

Amy said...

Lauren,
I was wondering about the phrase just the other day. So I assume your research revealed that the rabbit died either way? You said it, depressing way to get happy news.