7.14.2008

I meant positive motivation, jerk

I told Kenny that I need him to motivate me to run and ride our bikes more. I always have the intention of doing something after work, but by the time Kenny walks through the door an hour after I've been there, all I want to do is hang out and make dinner.

On Sunday morning this is the first thing I heard after I woke up. This is not what I meant by motivation. "Good morning. Quit being lazy. Let's ride to Kim and Brad's." Um…..Lazy is lying on the couch all day watching tv and eating pizza. Lazy is not waking up at 7:30 in the morning and barely having my eyes open. Then, on our bike ride, we had to go up the biggest hill in existence of the world. Ok, fine. Not the biggest hill in existence, but I hate hills. I hate them and we cannot avoid them. There are hills all around this stupid town. Big hills, little hills. They taunt me. We went up a small-ish hill and then around a corner. There it was-the stupid ginormous hill. I looked at it and told Kenny I was going home. I didn't want to do it. He glared at me and said, "Quit being a baby." I went up the damn hill, although I walked my bike up most of it.

When we got home, I had to clarify what I meant by motivation. Being a jerk and calling me a lazy baby is not the way to get me to do things. He said, "Well, it made you go up the hill, didn't it?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 points for Kenny! :-) Humiliation tactics and ridiculous challenges are the #1 and #2 motivators for testosterone induced humans. You just need to drink more testosterone, and all will be well. You'll be motivated, get huge biceps, a strange adams apple, and a killer stache!

On the otherhand, if you need non-testosterone motivation, Richard Simons may be the only male on the planet to help you with that.

Lauren said...

UM.....I will just deal with Kenny. My other options suck. Thanks for nothing Tad.