7.21.2008

Mile High Music Festival: Part I

The Mile High Music Festival was this past weekend. It was an outdoor two day event with 5 stages and a ton of bands.

Friday night, we decided to go and buy some shooters to bring into the festival. Obviously, liquor was not allowed. This is where the genius happens. We had a few different boxes of snacks: Cheezits, Rice Crispy Treats, Etc. We opened the box of Cheezits, pulled the bag out, put 3 shooters on the bottom of the box, put the bag back in and then resealed the box. GENIUS. We had 3 more shooters and no more boxes, so I decided that I would roll one up in my towel. Lacey put the other 2 in her jacket pockets. She rolled up her jacket and put it in the backpack. Fast forward to Saturday morning. We get to the front of the line where they are checking bags. The women tells me to pull out my towel. Fine. I am holding it, still rolled up, while she looks through my stuff. Then she asks me to unroll my towel. Ccccccrrrrraaaaaaaaaap. Whatever. What else am I going to do? I unroll and my little bottle of Malibu goes rolling towards the gutter. She sees it and then puts her arm above her head and starts point and yelling, "This one tried to sneak in alcohol! This one right here." She was trying to humiliate me. Didn't work. Then she tells me to stand right there and she is going to call someone over. I said, "No, that's ok." and walked into the festival. Then, Lacey was getting her bag checked by the same stupid woman and she pulled her jacket out. One of the pockets was open and another shooter fell to the ground."This one right here! This is what I am talking about. Watch out for this!". This women was taking her job way to seriously. She thought she was this amazing booze catcher, but she didn’t even get half of it. Suck it lady. We win.

We made our way to the main stage and found a great spot. We put our blankets down ready to camp out. Over the course of the day we saw:
Meese
Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers
Gaven Degraw
Citizen Cope
O.A.R.
Tom Petty
It was insanely hot outside and pretty much impossible to keep hydrated. I have never sweat so much in my entire life. I honestly do not understand how people could drink. It was the last thing on my mind. I also did not smoke anything, but am pretty sure I was high half the day. The entire place had a cloud of smoke lingering about the crowds. Every single band was great, not a bad one anywhere. There were a few lame people throughout the day, pushing their way closer to the stage. Nevermind that many of us had already been there for hours making sure we had a good spot to see Petty. They didn’t care. Tom came on around 9pm. He was amazing. We were enjoying the show when all of a sudden…..

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Good work on the "to be continued" :)
Glad you had a good time UP in Denver. I saw the news headlines all weekend of the Festival and the heat, do not understand how people were drinking and made it to see today but whatever...looking forward to the rest of the story! :)

Lauren said...

I don't know how they made it through the day! It was unbelievable!

Lisa said...

Oh, I am intrigued! Please go on, I feel like I am waiting for the season premier of Grey's Anatomy! Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

yeah, seriously. continue!