7.22.2008

Mile High Music Festival: Part II

This post would be rated "R" but I decided to censor it. I am sure you will be able to figure it out.

The five of us had put our bags in a pile on the ground during Petty. We were all standing around them. They had our phones, cameras, and nice sunglasses in them. Pretty fragile cargo. This girl was trying to leave and walked right towards us. She was getting ready to step right on our bags…

Me: Oh, hey. Can you please walk right here? We have bags on the ground. (The way I asked her to go was like 10 inches to the left.)

Dumb Beotch: I'll walk where the F I want to walk.

Me: Oh.

She then started to walk onto our bags when Alanna and Brie shoved her back. The girl went flying back. There was a cute little mom behind her and I didn't want her to be squished (This beotch was a BIG girl) so I grabbed her arm to save her from falling.

Dumb Beotch: Why the F are you pushing me? Why the F are you pushing me?

Me: I caught you, you dumb B. Why would I hold onto your arm if I pushed you?

She turned to Alanna and started yelling at her asking her why she pushed her. One thing led to another and the girl was walking away and then turned around and spit on Alanna. It got on my cheek and hit the other girls too. OMG. That did not just happen. I have never been spit on in my life and don't understand why anyone would do that! Alanna grabs the girl and rips her shirt while throwing her to the ground. Right on top of our bags (and some saucy dumplings). The girl gets up, guys are holding her back from going after us, and the guy next to me steps in front of me to block her from me (aaaaw, so nice). She finally gave up and left.

Yikes. The whole time I was just thinking, "Ugh. I really do not want to get into a fight. I really like this dress."

Sunday was much more uneventful. We did not even try to sneak any booze in and no fights broke out. The weather was a lot more tolerable and, overall, it was just a more laid back day. We got to see:
Brett Dennen
Ingrid Michaelson
One Republic
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
John Mayer
Dave Matthews Band
I wanted to catch the Black Crowes, but we missed out. I am still uber disappointed about that. I also have a new found love for John Mayer. I have always thought he was an amazing artist, but never really liked him beyond that. What was I thinking? He was so great live and quite the looker! Never knew! I am pretty sure he has been working out or something. Who knows. Who cares. I love him.

If they make this festival an annual event, I am there. A ton of fun.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think the girl who spat should try out for the next Flavor of Love.

I heart John, too. My cousin and I had lunch across the street from his apartment last weekend. We were hoping we'd catch a glimpse. No such luck.

I never liked Jennifer Aniston, and now I like her less for taking this kid off the market.

Lauren said...

Ha ha-seriously. That would be awesome. She was quite burly though-don;t knwo if she would make it on the show ;)

He was so nice and cute and svelt and sang so well and......I could go on and on

Patti said...

I would be in jail right now because I would have beat that disrespetful little brat's ass. Kudos to you for showing restraint.