3.04.2008

Comfort Compromised


My bedroom is very important to me. It is my one room in the house where nothing stressful ever happens. Well, usually. On the rare occasion I wake up to one of the girls making that "I am about to throw up" noise and I frantically have to find them under the covers, pull them out and put whoever on the floor so they don't blow chunks in my bed.

ANYWAYS that brings me to my current situation, completely brought on by myself and Kenny, ofcourse. When we first got Clementine, we decided that she was going to sleep in her kennel at night. Gross. We do not want a stinky dog in our bed. Yeah, right. That lasted all of a month or so. It turned from sleeping in the kennel to letting her hang out on the bed with us until we went to sleep, to sleeping under the covers with us EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Although, they have to be between the flat sheet and the comforter. Not under all the sheets. Moving on…

Then we got Hazel and she got bed privelages pretty much right away. The thing is, now they have decided that they both like to be between Kenny and I. So, I am on the right, Kenny on the left, and both the damn dogs in between. Last night I woke up, on the edge of my bed, with Clementine completely sprawled out pushing on me with all 4 of her paws! What the F? I am the person here. This is MY bed. It is being completely taken over by the girls! The night before I woke up to see that I was sharing my pillow with Hazel. Just her little head was on my pillow, the rest of her tucked in under the blankets like a little person. It's ridiculous.

On really cold nights, Clementine cannot get warm and feels the need to wake up, come up to my face, stare me down until I wake up and paw at my neck until I help her get warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think the bangs were awful! I thought they were kinda cute!
Love the doggies though!
Nice blog!
Your newfie friend,
Norma