7.09.2009

22 weeks

Today, around 3:30pm, I felt her kick for the first time. I thought I was a horrible mother because I had not felt anything yet. Turns out I have an anterior placenta. I learned that at my appointment. All that means is that it goes baby then placenta instead of the other way around. If this is the case, people usually don't feel the baby kick until later because they have a big trampoline in their way. Phew. It also means that I won't see the baby move until later. Kindof a bummer, but those are the only downfalls. Other than that, all is well.

5 comments:

Laura said...

are you sure there is a baby in there? You are so tiny...

Lindsley said...

Are you wearing a belt?? Lord, I've been wearing elastic panel pants for months...

Manders24 said...

Actually it means you placenta then baby:) Sorry one of those things I just felt the need to correct

Lauren said...

I'm going from the inside out, not the outside in Amanda ;)

Mimi said...

I had an anterior placenta with Soren...but by the end he was a total wiggle worm and you could see movement quite clearly.

Cute belly! How are you feeling?