6.08.2009

Cue crying now

A friend of mine, Amy, got in touch with me and asked if I wanted to help with a story for Fox 21.

There is a test out that says it can predict a baby’s gender as early as 7-weeks after conception. It’s a kit that involves taking a blood sample from a finger prick. The sample is then sent in to a lab, and then they send you the results. They say the test is over 95% accurate, and say it’s a great way to find out the sex of your baby before you can find out from an ultrasound.

I am headed over to the station tomorrow to get pricked (insert pervy joke here, I almost did). I will let you all know how it goes! It will be pretty non-eventful, I assume.

When I spoke to Amy about it, she told me that when the results come in, they are going to contact us and meet us somewhere to open the results. Oh, Lord. I hope they aren’t expecting much. When I called Kenny to tell him, he starting laughing until I told him he had to be there too. I have never been one to wear my emotions on my sleeve. Kenny and I were cracking up at the fact that they probably won’t even air our portion because of the lack of excitement. We will have to practice being sappy.

When I first went to the Dr., and she did the ultrasound, she seemed disappointed by my reaction. Yeah, it’s awesome. Yes, I see the heartbeat. Yes, I am excited. I don’t need to start crying, or tear up, or laugh uncontrollably, or do anything else over the top to prove it. She looked at me and with a confused look said, “Do you see? Aren’t you excited?”

I am pretty sure this is all my moms fault. She is so dramatic about everything and will cry at the drop of a hat. No thank you, I say. No thank you.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Yeah, if they are looking for drama and gushing I don't think they will get it from you. Amanda needs to read this blog especially about the ultrasound. She always gets bummed when someone comes in for a ultrasound and they don't get excited.

Manders24 said...

I just think it is strange that people can see their baby before it is even here and have absolutely no reaction to it. But I guess it is a little different in my case because when people come to me, they are paying out of pocket and they made the decision to do the ultrasound, but yet show no emotion. I am one who wears their emotions on their sleve. I sometimes even feel like tearing up when I see someone elses baby. I know it's weird.I would get all giggly every time I heard his heartbeat through the doppler.
That is crazy to think that they can tell gender just by a blood sample. Good luck!