6.19.2009

Mom jeans make me gag

I figured out how to become a millionaire. I am going to open a maternity store here in Colorado Springs that doesn’t sell ugly shit.

I am sure Denver has some really cute stores, but that’s too far for my “Iwantitrightthisverysecond” attitude, and I don’t want to spend a ton of money for something I am going to wear for a few months.

I have been looking around town the past few days for some clothes and it’s slim pickin’s. Stores either have no maternity section at all and if they do, it is like 3 racks. I was mainly looking for some pants/shorts. I was unaware that I had to buy “mom jeans” before I even technically become a mom. They all seemed to be tapered at the bottom with really tiny ass pockets. Nothing like tiny butt-pockets to accentuate a growing back-end. I went to Old Navy like everyone said and their jeans are going to have to wait a few months. They will fit better later. Other then those, it was torture finding anything acceptable. I even went to some stores that I would never go to in hopes of finding something passable.

I ended up finding a few pairs that will suffice. They are cute, but not my favorite. Dresses are looking more and more appealing by the second.

4 comments:

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Jeffords said...

You design the clothes, open a boutique and one day I will shop there...or I guess I could shop there now but that might hurt my esteem if I am wearning maternity clothes when I'm not preggers... :)

Nicole said...

I looked cute...they're out there. And while you will only wear them for a few months, you will wear the hell out of them. I had two or three pairs and wore them everyday. Splurge on a couple that fit right, and buy cheaper shirts. BTDT three times. Listen to me.

Norma said...

Oh I totally get it girl...we had nothing to choose from here in Newfoundland. My two are 3 and 1 and I still get nightmares abotu the guly clothes I had to wear!:)