10.09.2008

Welcome to my poop house

Anyone aware of what blackwater backup is? Well Internet, it is when the lowest drain in your house (ours being the one in the water heater closet) starts overflowing into your house because something is clogged down below. So, basically, your house becomes filled with poop water. Yep. Happened last night at about 8pm.

A guy came out last night to snake the pipe. I had to throw away about a dozen towels we used to sop up feces-water. It was a great night.

So now, we have someone coming out today to rip everything up that was contaminated and he is going to replace it all.

7 comments:

Patti said...

Holy CRAP Batman!

Mimi said...

On the bright side you get to buy new towels! :) Hope its all resolved soon, not a pleasant situation.

Bonnie said...

UGH!!!! Poor thing!

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

We used to have that growing up because we were on well water and a septic tank.

To this day I'm afraid every time I flush a toilet.

Patti said...

Lauren, you actually had a famous person blog on your site, or at least a person with more friends than me.

Lauren said...

Jenny-I know! Everytime I use water now, I run downstairs and take a peek behind the plastic to make sure everything is ok.

Patti-Don't stare (at The Bloggess). It's rude ;)

Patti said...

I can't help it!