10.03.2008

So, this should be interesting

Kenny called me from work one night asking if we could go to a show in Denver in October. A coworker of his knows one of the guys in the band and wanted us to go with him to see them play. I am always up for whatever, and going to see new bands is always fun.

That may be the final time that last statement leaves my lips.

Above is a picture of the Super Diamonds. I've never been known to keep my opinions to myself so, I will just say it. Eeew. They are a Neil Diamond cover band. Please-go to their site and listen to a tune. Holypooponastick. I am not saying these boys are not nice or good people or not "talented" but I am saying that never in my life would I recommend them to others.

Who knows. Maybe I will be posting something on Monday about how amazing these fellas are and how everyone should see them at some point in their life. I doubt it, but you never know. If I do, make sure to ask me how drunk I was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a pretty scary picture. Forever in Blue Jeans INDEED!!!!!

Mimi said...

Umm, two words Jager shots! And lots of them. Looking forward to the update on Monday....Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I've seen Super Diamond at least 3 times...if that changes your opinion of me, then so be it! I however love Neil Diamond and 'Surreal Neil' does a pretty damn good job of covering his songs! If you don't like Neil Diamond though you probably won't enjoy except for the people watching aspect of the show - because for some reason most of the people at the shows think it's appropriate to dress up in Disco gear...I have no idea why.

Bonnie said...

Final verdict??