9.29.2008

F you Simply Sleep

This past weekend a few of us went camping. I would first like to say that I do enjoy camping and I am good at it. Apparently, I do not look like the camping type. APPARENTLY, it is assumed that I am too prissy for it. Not showering for a few days? You can't handle it Lauren. Peeing behind a rock. Yeah right, Lauren. Well you know what? Screw all of you nay-sayers. I am a legitimate camper. I spit on pop-ups and people who bring tv's and "toilets". I am hardcore.

The only part of camping that I do not like is the "nature" part of it all. I mean, I like the outdoors and I love campfires and sleeping next to a river and all that. I do not like spiders, bees, bears, mountain lions, and whatever else can eat me, bite me, or sting me. This being said, whenever we go camping, I don't sleep. Like, at all. I lie awake the entire night waiting for a bear to rip through the tent and eat me, then Kenny, then the girls for dessert. Kris told me that she takes Tylenol PM when we go camping so she sleeps better. AWESOME. Why didn't I think of that? I went to Target the next day and bought some Simply Sleep. Friday night I was so excited to take it and to be able to sleep though the night. To sleep at all actually. Yeah. Right. Friday night was long and sleepless and I didn't fall asleep until the sun started to rise on Saturday morning. To add insult to injury, the girls refuse to sleep in their own sleeping bag-they totally have their own mini bag. Not 30 minutes after we went to bed, they decided they wanted to be with me, in mine. I have a mummy bag that fits me comfortably, aside form being a bit too short. Add two little dogs, and forget it. So, I stayed in my bag all night, not moving for fear of suffocating a dog, awake, and waiting for the sun to come up so I could catch some zzzz's. The part that pisses me off the most is that Kenny barely hits the pillow and he is out for the entire night.

Saturday, I said shag it and I was going to double up. It had to do something if I took twice the recommended amount. Nope. Nothing. F you Simply Sleep. Next time, maybe I will just take some shots of jager and hopefully pass out.

Weekend was fun, however 5 total hours of sleep over an entire weekend is not ok.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

I am the same way - although mine is more drifting in and out of half sleep every 10-15 minutes for the entire night.

Lauren said...

We would be perfect camping buddies then! We could stay up and chat the entire night ;)

Mimi said...

Exactly!!

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with Tylenol PM where it works most of the time but then that once or twice where i am just staring at the ceiling for an hour thinking Hmmm.... really would be nice to go to sleep!!!!!!

bestmama said...

I HATE camping, so i tip my hat to you for even going. i will honestly admit while I am not prissy about everything, I do not camp. And about the sleeping syrup, it does have the opposite effect on some people, like me, and apparently you. It sucks! And Bryan is the same way, head hits the pillow and he is out for the night snoring! Another reason men have it easier:)

Lauren said...

From what very little I know of you, I pegged you as a camping girl. It's not my favorite thing to do, but I think it's fun :)

Grrreeeaaaat-let me know if you find any sleeping stuff that actually works!

Stupid boys. They've got it so easy.