1.20.2010

Snip, snip

I am talking about me, not Kenny (Kayla!). We would like to have more children...

Last night around 7pm, I got the urge to chop my hair. I wanted to do it months ago, but was told to wait. Everyone said cutting your hair when you're pregnant never ends well. It would have been fine, but I took the advise of well-intentioned friends.

I got online and began to look for a cut I wanted. I looked though my magazines. I had an idea, but I wanted an updated version of it. I called/texted/emailed friends and family to get their advice and opinions-thanks guys!

It can be a good or bad thing to have a mom that used to cut hair for a living. I called her up, and she came over around 9pm. I think I may cut a bit more off in the next couple weeks, but we will see how this works out first. It's not the exact style I wanted, but I like it. I just have to figure out how to do it.

Having my hair long was stupid. I couldn't just wash and go. I had to actually do it. It's curly, but needed to be tended to if I wanted it that way. I think I did it once in the past two months. It took me a good 30-45 minutes to blow it dry and then I had to use a straightener, which took another 20 minutes. I do not have the time or energy for that. I have always liked my hair long, but I need someone else to do it for me every day. (Sidenote: my mom did my hair every single day until I was well into middle school, I would say. I never knew kids did their own hair! She would blow it dry and style it 7 days a week. Wish she would still do that now, actually.)

I will post a picture when I actually get ready and do it. Today, the three of us are just hanging out. Pictures will not be taken.

No comments: