1.12.2009

Olympus Stylus 1030 sw


All I want is my new camera. I have ordered it, three times now, and I still don’t have it.

It is shockproof up to 6.5 feet and since I dropped my current one and broke it, this is perfect. I totally blame it on the drag queen. It was all her fault. Thanks a lot Fantasy Fest. The long and short of it is that I saw a drag queen (one of millions) dressed up as the queen of hearts and she looked fantastic. I was going to get a picture with her and as I handed, or maybe tossed, the camera to Kenny in all my excitement, I dropped the camera. The pictures still turn out ok, although they are getting worse, but the screen is broken.

The new camera is shockproof, waterproof, freezeproof, dustproof and this all hopefully means Laurenproof. We saw it at Sams for $320 and I was convinced I could find it cheaper. I went home, looked online, and found it for $210! What a deal. After I ordered it, it didn’t process and when I called, every single person I spoke to was horribly rude and somehow I wound up increasing my total to $340. Sooooooooo, I canceled that one with much resistance from the company and ordered it off of Amazon for $280. A bit more, but still cheaper then Sams. I received an email last night saying it was backordered and when I called this morning, they said it is actually canceled because they are not getting anymore. I found another one and called to make sure they had it in stock. I should be getting it this weekend.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Did you get the green one? Let me know how you like it, I am in the market for a "better" Megan-proof camera...

Patti said...

I dropped my flip video not one but two times, now it buzzes. They should make all cameras and videos shockproof, but then they wouldn't make as much money. Damn Capitalists!

Steve said...

Still 1/12/09.

Lauren said...

I KNOW-work is busy and I don't want to sit in fornt of the computer when I get home! I suck!

N + S said...

Ooh that's awesome - hope you get it soon!