1.05.2009

Goodbye 2008, hello 2009!

A quick recap on the holidays:

The holidays are done and gone. Too bad. I had a really great time. Kenny's family was here and we hung out pretty much every single day. A new family member joined us this Christmas too! Delanie McKee. She is adorable. Karl and Mon did a great job making that one!

Drinking and eating.

Christmas morning was spent at our house. We like to make breakfast for everyone-waffles and fruit sauce, eggs, and sausage. Then we headed over to the Bingmans for the rest of the day, and pretty much the rest of the year. Everyone came in on different days, but we were all here for new years.

Drinking and eating.

On new years, we all ate pickled herring (well, most of us did) and a new tradition of taking a shot of Jack Daniels started. Straight from the bottle of course.

More drinking and a lot more eating.

Hailey's birthday and Delanie's baptism were just a few other important dates rolled in.

Drinks, food.

I also loved how not being at work and rarely looking at a computer made my focus change. My stress reduced. Not knowing what is going on in the economy for 2 weeks was fantastic! Out of sight, out of mind I say! I was never too stressed about it because there is no point in stressing about what you can't change, but I didn't like always knowing what was going on, good or bad. It was nice to just enjoy friends and family.

I've said it before and I will say it again…Kenny's family (extended included) are some of the nicest people in the entire world! I enjoyed every minute I spent with them and look forward to their next visit.

Oh, first blog of the new year, so I suppose I should address resolutions. F resolutions. They are just more to live up to. Frankly, I don’t have the time.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

I totally share your thoughts on resolutions. :)
Jason was offered another role within EDS/HP just in the nick of time so we had no lapse in pay, medical insurance etc.

Patti said...

Wish I could have been there for the holiday festivities. I miss everyone bunches! By the way am I included in that extended family thing??

Lauren said...

You are obviously included! Would have been a blast had you been here!

Patti said...

maybe next year!

Lauren said...

That would be awesome!