3.31.2009

Enough with the crap emails already!


One of my biggest pet peeves is when I receive crap emails from people. Whether it be an obviously photoshopped picture or some bogus article, it drives me crazy. I would have to say the worst person with this is my Aunt J. Every single time I get an email from her, I hop over to Snopes.com, find the page saying it is FALSE, and reply (to all) with the link. It seriously takes 2 seconds to check to see if something is true or not. I think she might be getting annoyed with my constant false responses, but I am far more annoyed with the stupid emails! I don't want to hear about the gay Jesus movie (false) or see the photo of the shark eating the marine climbing a ladder to a helicopter (false). Keep them to yourselves please.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I'm definitely with you on this one. I do the same and have even got replies that this really happened to my sons sister in laws half brother as told to me by the minister at my church and he knows a lawyer. If the people who forward this crap had half a brain they would see it for what it is. The other ones that drive me up a wall are well intentioned and often uplifting messages that carry the warning in tha last line that if you don't forward this to half a million people you will burn in Hell. The ones that I feel have a nice message I will sometimes forward but I remove the be dammed forever message.

Lauren said...

I know exactly what you mean! Don't tell me all these nice things and end it with a threat. Kindof take away from it!

Patti said...

Ditto! Don't send me a chain letter, because the chain WILL be broken. Besides I don't have any friends to send them to.