2.18.2009

Valentines weekend

This past weekend was Valentines Day, which actually slipped my mind completely. It’s a cute holiday, and I love the colors, but it really doesn’t hold too much weight in our house. People should be nice to their loved ones every day, not one day a year! Kenny mentioned that he thought we should make a nice dinner on Saturday night and I asked him why. Oh, yeah. It’s a holiday.

We decided on mussels and scallops, so onto www.Foodnetwork.com I went. I found a basic white wine and garlic mussel recipe and looked for something a bit different to try with the scallops. Success! The scallops were amazing. I would even go as far as to say they were fancy restaurant quality! Kenny and I really enjoy cooking, and we are even getting better at doing it together.

Sunday, we headed up to Breckenridge to go snowshoeing. It was fun and exhausting. After about 2 ½ hours of that, we headed to lunch in Breck and then home.

Monday, we met Bonnie at Starbucks for a drink before she headed back to NYC. It was a gorgeous day so we took the girls down to the dog park to play for a while. I love Bear Creek dog park. They have a separate area for small dogs that is completely fenced off. It’s a huge area with trees and bushes where the girls can just run wild!

Kenny doesn’t get too many weekends off anymore, so I really enjoyed being able to spend time with him. We have a lot of fun and I never take advantage of our time together.

There are a few pictures from the weekend on our page -------->


No comments: