11.11.2008

I love our life

While chatting last night, Kenny mentioned how he gets mad at people who have their lives planned out. They have it all figured out. He is frustrated that he doesn't know what he wants half the time and he doesn't have everything planned. As everyone knows, I am a huge planner, but as far as life goes, I don’t really see how it can be mapped out. Sure, you can say, "I want to meet someone, date for 3-5 years, get married by 25, then have a kid by 27." Good luck with that! Everything can change in a matter of seconds. Your life can turn upside down in the blink of an eye. It's ok to have "goals" but I say, live life now! Have fun now! Do what you want to do now! Who knows what tomorrow brings. There are those who plan everything down to the month and if/when something happens to alter it, they have no idea what to do. Sure, I want certain things within a certain time frame-ish, but it's out of my hands to a certain extent.

Kenny finally felt a bit better when I pointed out the other side of things. Alright, so these people supposedly have it all figured out. They have A., B., and C. BUT, do they get to do all these things that we do? Can they sleep in whenever they want and go on weekend getaways at the drop of a hat? And that's perfectly fine. That's their choice and they do have wonderful lives. But, I love our life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments: